Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Advance Notice for the Final Challenge

Okay everyone - the last activity is going to be a biggie!!!!  Since it is going to take a little while to put together, I thought I'd give everyone a heads up. Here is what I'll be asking you to do on the last day of the Holiday Break Reading Challenge (January 2, 2011). 


Create a collage using all the book covers from the books you read in 2010.  I know, I know!!!! I'm crazy!!!  You can do this any way you want.  You can print out the book covers and cut and paste them on a poster board and take a picture of it.  Or, you can do it all on the computer. OR, if you have all the books in your home you can just lay them out on the floor in a collage and take a picture of that.  Whatever works for you.  Get crackin' and get creative!

9 comments:

  1. This will be a tough one as I have read 290 books so far. When you are an elementary librarian and read tons of picture books as well as short chapter books as part of your job, it's not hard to read that many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with bookwoman on this one... although I have no picture books in my count, I do have a bunch of short chapter books and graphic novels. I'm hoping to hit 300 this year, I'm at I think 275ish. Guess I should go get started.... yeah. Maybe I'll separate them into a few different collages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could we use the montage widget on Goodreads?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! interesting idea! I haven't kept track of my reads so i'll just have to work by what i can recall!Where do we post the link to out collage?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds sooo cool! Can't wait. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. yikes! that might take a couple of pages, but i'll do what i can. i should hit 430 or so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be hard... but fun! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You people that can read over 200 books make me want to scream!!!!! Not really, but I'm totally jealous. Spliting them up into a couple of collages would be fine. Using the montage widget on Goodreads would work too. I didn't even think about that.

    You will post a copy of your collage on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails