Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Holiday Break Reading Challenge Activity #13

I need some help.


When I took a look at my 2009 Reading Log, I realized how little Realistic / Contemporary Fiction I actually read.  I'm drawn mostly to Fantasy. Another area I find difficult is Humorous Fiction.  My students at school always want funny books and I find it hard to recommend them since I haven't come across very many laugh-out-loud stories.

So, I'm going to ask for your help and in return give a prize to a randomly chosen person.  All you have to do is fill out the form below and give me a book suggestion.  You can give me a Contemporary / Realistic Fiction title or a Humorous Fiction title, but, please, if you can, give me one of each.


I'll choose one of you wonderful Holiday Break Reading Challenge Participants randomly for a prize.



9 comments:

  1. I sent you two titles that would work for middle school. I read both of them. I do well with contemporary, but funny is always a stumper. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you one of each, but I don't know if my funny would be remotely appropriate for your students haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent you two that MAY be appropriate for middle school, but are probably more high school. I teach both and they are LOVED by students. The humorous one may not seem funny sometimes, but kids laugh out loud when I read it to them.

    I'm interested to see what others offered. IS there a way for you to share the results?

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the two I sent are more HS. Have you read Janette Rallison? She writes books that are both funny and comtemporary. Some titles: How to Take the Ex Our of Ex-boyfriend, Fame, Glory and Other Things on My To Do List, and Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Free Throws.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just filled out the form, but I have to admit that I haven't read either of the books, but from what I've heard/read about them, they each fit into the categories well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what age group you serve, but, we just put together some good booklists for middle graders. And one of them is realistic fiction.

    Here is the link to our booklists: Booklists of many shapes and sizes

    Here is the realistic fiction file: It's a PDF

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Thanks Scott. That PDF looks fantastic!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great lists that you posted, Scott. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks. I didn't create the template for the booklists. Those were created by one of the Johnson County Librarians in Kansas. But we compiled the lists and filled them in at our library.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails